House of Games is episode eight of Life With Derek.
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 13, 2005|
|Written by||Alex Pugsley|
|Directed by||Ron Murphy|
Marti The Monster
The McDonalds and the Venturis kids (Casey and Lizzie vs Derek, Edwin & Marti) decide that the best places in the house aren't big enough for the two families, so they agree to decide by games of chance (dice, cards, etc).
- If you look closely at the scene where Marti roles the dice, when she roles it the one is on top, but when they cut to Casey, the you can see the one is on the side.
- In the beginning of this episode, when Casey has a board with a map of the entire house, then when Derek comes in the room we get a shot of the map, but there is a blank page when the camera is back on Casey, she flips it to reveal the map, meaning this scene was shot out of sequence.
- Marti has an imaginary friend named Daphne, who hates Casey because she took her wand and stepped on her.
- Casey: If you don't have a place to put your toothbrush, what else do you have?!
- Edwin: This one is for all the marbles.
- Derek: Actually, it's one marble.
- [When Nora and George are discussing who gets which side of the bed]
- George (to Nora): But, ah... this is definitely my side.
- Nora: Yeah, but now I'm closer to the window and I'm never going to get to sleep.
- George: Why not?
- Nora: Because a bad guy might come in through the window. (George looks at her strangely) And you're the man and the man should be the first line of defense.